Otis N. Brown/Billy Ray Cameron Scholarship
The Otis N. Brown Scholarship-Billy Ray Cameron Scholarship is one (1) each $1,000.00 annual collage scholarship. (A student may receive as much as $4,000.00 in a four year period.) Awards must be used in the contiguous four (4) years after high school graduation. Application form and rules
ELIGIBILITY: A scholarship applicant must be sponsored by a member of a NC VFW Post or NC Ladies Auxiliary Unit and
- Be the child, grandchild or stepchild of a CURRENT AND IMMEDIATE PAST YEAR member of a NC Veterans of Foreign Wars Post or a NC Ladies Auxiliary or if deceased, must have been a member in good standing at time of death. Membership status must be verified by Post/Auxiliary Officer who, by signing preliminary application, takes full responsibility for member’s dues having been submitted to National Headquarters.
- Be enrolled as a Senior in a public, parochial or private school.
- Intend to enroll in a junior or senior college in North Carolina.
- Be recommended by an official, principal or counselor of the applicant’s school, as scholastically and morally worthy of consideration for a scholarship.
- Return the Preliminary Application form signed by Post or Auxiliary Officer postmarked by February 17, 2014 to the following address:
- Otis N. Brown/Billy Ray Cameron Scholarships Committee
- Veterans of Foreign Wars, Dept. of North Carolina
- P. O. Box 25337
- Raleigh, NC 27611
Scholarship checks will be mailed directly to the college or university in which the student enrolls. Checks will be forwarded to the institution in August for the first semester and in December for the second semester. The student will be notified when the check is mailed to the institution.