VFW Mentoring is a requirement for All State Team. Posts are required to develop and maintain a strong Mentoring Program in their post. The Veterans of Foreign Wars has published a brochure that provides program guidelines and general information. See: VFW Mentoring Brochure
Post Commanders are required to certify that all new members (those joining during the post year) were mentored. We now have a new form that can be used. Here is how it works:
- Open the on-line form. Download form. The form is form-fillable on your screen. This means you can add data to the form and print a copy.
- Enter each new member’s information on a line.
- Print the form and keep the page open on your screen.
- Proofread your form. If correct, sign it.
- Send the form to Quartermaster, Department of North Carolina, at least 30 days before the state convention.
On-line PDF forms can not be saved to your computer unless you own a PDF Writer software package. You should scan a copy and save it to your computer for reference.